Sunday, May 26, 2013

Repeats now on DVD

Well, one of them was already on DVD. This week's TCM Import is The Cranes Are Flying, early tomorrow morning at 4:30 AM. It gor a DVD release from the Criterion Collection years ago, but I'm not certain if it's still in print, since it doesn't seem to be available for purchase from the TCM Shop. A shame, since this is such an outstanding film.

The one that wasn't on DVD when I blogged about it is The Visit, which I blogged about back in April, 2008. It's finally back on the Fox Movie Channel for the first time in years, tomorrow morning at 9:30 AM with several repeats in the week following. In the intervening five years, it's gotten a DVD release courtesy of the Fox Cinema Archive, which may not be the best thing considering the things I've read about the quality of Fox's MOD releases. I believe (but with the caveat that it's been five years since I saw the movie on FMC) that the last time The Visit was on FMC, it was in a pan-and-scan version.

No comments: