Saturday, October 12, 2013

Another chance to capture The Flag

I mentioned the silent two-strip Technicolor two-reeler The Flag back on Flag Day 2008, and again in 2010. It still doesn't seem to be on DVD; I would have thought it would by a worthy addition to some Warner Archive DVD set as an extra. That having been said, I see IMDb says it was produced by the Technicolor Corporation in conjunction with MGM; or, at least, IMDb lists both of them under "Production Companies". I'd have no idea what happened to the rights since then, although since it shows up on TCM from time to time you'd think that Warner Bros. wound up with the distribution rights at some point.

Anyhow, TCM has scheduled another airing of The Flag, overnight at 4:58 AM, or just after The Unholy Three, which starts at 3:30 AM and is listed as having a running time of 86 minutes. It's about your only opportunity to see it, since I couldn't even find it on Youtube.

No comments: