Dolly Parton of course died last week at the age of 80. I had seen 9 to 5 show up on the FXM schedule a couple of times recently, but I couldn't remember when the next showing would be. FXM put one showing in the commercial-laden portion of the schedule, but the next commercial-free showing is tomorrow, September 4, at 11:15 AM.
Tim Curry also died last week and was also 80 years old. Pluto TV in one of their emails put up Clue in their on-demand section in his honor, also putting up Steel Magnolias for Dolly Parton. Neither of those two movie seem to be getting a commercial-free showing anywhere in the near future that I could find, but then again, searching TV listings very far in the future seems to be getting more and more difficult, by design.
One of TCM's spotlights for September is Stanley Kubrick, whose movies are going to be showing on Thursdays in prime time. Eyes Wide Shut, Kubrick's final film, will be showing overnight between September 24 and 25, and I even had that one on my DVR. But I didn't get around to watching it before it expired from the DVR, so sadly, I won't be doing a review of it here until sometime later. Maybe this time I'll actually get around to watching it before it expires.
No comments:
Post a Comment