Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Irving Thalberg's birthday again

I mentioned Irving Thalberg's birthday last year at this time, and simce I'm lazy, I'm taking the same photo of him to illustrate this post. Actually, what I really wanted to mention about Thalberg is the fact that Irving Thalberg: Prince of Hollywood, the documentary to which I briefly alluded a year ago, is un today's TCM schedule, at 6:30 PM ET. It's a worthwhile documentary if you haven't seen it before. Unfortunately, this post is probably going to come a bit late, and the documentary doesn't seem to be included as a bonus on any DVD. (I wonder if it's not the use of archive photos and clips from movies that are the problem here.) I wouldn't be surprised don't run it for another year after today's showing, that is until next May 30.

No comments: