Friday, June 26, 2015

Batman and Robin

TCM has been airing the 1943 serial Batman at 10:00 AM on Saturday mornings. But last Saturday saw the final chapter in that particular serial, so obviously TCM is going to be starting a new serial tomorrow (June 27). This time, it's Batman and Robin, from 1949. It's got 15 episodes, so it should be running through the first Saturday in November; remember that it won't be on in August because of Summer Under the Stars.

I have to admit that I haven't seen it before, so I can't really comment on it. I don't know how much of it I'll watch; I think I only watched the first episode of the 1943 Batman. That having been said, the one thing about this one that's of some interest is that Commissioner Gordon is played by Lyle Talbot, who was a reasonably recognizable character actor in the 1930s.

Bomba the Jungle Boy continues at 10:30 AM for the forseeable future.

No comments: