Thursday, May 12, 2016

Briefs for May 12-13, 2016

Tonight's TCM salute to American International Pictures includes Master of the World, airing early tomorrow morning at 4:15 AM, or overnight depending upon your time zone. Something about the movie looks really familiar; it's probably the airship. I could swear I saw this one TCM years ago, but can't remember whether or not I actually did.

Amongst the shorts, Yamekraw is airing tomorrow at 7:19 AM on TCM. I mentioned this one about four years ago, not having seen it at the time. It is visually interesting, although the plotting isn't the greatest. Still, if you haven't seen it before, it's well worth a watch.

Following Yamekraw is the feature Play-Girl, which normally is more likely to get an airing on Loretta Young's birthday. When I blogged about it back in 2013, I mentioned the opening, which in and of itself is worthwhile for its pre-Code line. As for Loretta Young in that time frame, I think my first recommendation would be something like Week-End Marriage, although that one isn't coming up any time soon as far as I know.

No comments: