Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Update on IMDb reviews

Back in December, I noticed that the user review pages for movies on IMDb had been changed so that there was no longer any way to sort the reviews. Well, they've added a bit of functionality back. I was looking at the reviews for one of the movies I recently watched, and noticed that the dropdown box now offers the option to select reviews based on helpfulness, date, or total votes. There's also an arrow next to the dropdown box to select in either ascending or descending order.

The reviews pages, however, are still in the mobile-friendly format where you have to click more to see the entire review, and there's just a "load more" button at the bottom instead of being able to go to a specific page of reviews. And as far as I can tell, there's still no link to an individual review. I have no idea when or if IMDb is planning to bring back this functionality.

No comments: