Tuesday, October 23, 2018

TCM heads-up for October 23-24, 2018

Tonight's the last night of Rita Hayworth's turn as Star of the Month, since TCM is running Halloween movies starting in prime time on October 30. This final week of the Hayworth tribute brings some of her later movies. I've recommended The Story on Page One before, but since that's a Fox movie, the recommendation was when it was on FXM. I think tonight's showing at 10:00 PM is a TCM premiere.

Wednesday morning and afternoon bring a bunch of World War I airplane movies to TCM. TCM had a double feature of such movies earlier in the year, which allowed me to record Hell's Angels (not on Wednesday's schedule) and The Eagle and the Hawk (tomorrow morning at 11:00 AM). I can't remember how many of the day's other films I've seen, although I have memories of getting bored with the Joan Crawford love triangle Today We Live (12:15 PM Wednesday). Not having to do with World War I or aviation is the short You, John Jones!, which is on at 5:45 PM Wednesday.

No comments: