Friday, December 13, 2019

Some FXM heads-ups


Unfortunately I was quite busy today after work so I didn't get the time to write up a regular post even though I've got a couple of movies I watched recently but didn't blog about. So instead I'll mention a couple of movies on tomorrow's FXM lineup that came back recently after the usual long absences.

First up will be Wild River, at 7:40 AM. I've always liked this movie, in which Montgomery Clift plays an agent of the federal government who has to buy out people's land during the Depression because the Tennessee Valley Authority is setting up hydroelectric dams that are going to flood the people's property. One old matriarch, played by Jo Van Fleet, has no intention of leaving.

That will be followed at 9:35 AM by The Bravados, which I blogged about only last December, but that's because I had DVRed it off a free weekend of StarzEncore Westerns. Gregory Peck plays a man who shows up in an Old West town looking for the men who raped and killed his wife. Some men are in prison there, but on a bank robbery charge and may or may not be the person or persons responsible for making Peck's character a widower.

Finally, the FXM Retro lineup for the day concludes at 1:10 PM with the fun western Bandolero!, starring James Stewart as a man freeing his brother (Dean Martin) from the gallows and fleeing to Mexico along with Raquel Welch; they're chased by the local sheriff (George Kennedy).

No comments: