Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Light posting alert

I started this blog back in 2008, about the time that my mom was diagnosed with dementia after a series of TIAs, or mini-strokes. Having screwed up my own life, I wound up helping Dad take care of Mom until she went into the nursing home not long before she died in 2015. So after that it was just me and Dad, an arrangement that suited us both emotionally and financially.

Of course, Dad is getting up there in years and recently took a bad fall that resulted in a fractured hip. Since I'm the only one of the kids who lives in the area, I've had to deal with all the fallout of it. I haven't hade much time to watch movies, let alone the desire. I sat down last night to watch Gate of Hell, a Japanese film TCM ran during 31 Days of Oscar and got through about a half hour before I felt I was just too damn tired to keep watching.

I thought about taking a long break from posting, but there's the Thursday Movie Picks to keep me going and, I assume, things will settle down into some sort of routine. But who knows how long that will be?

No comments: