Thursday, October 27, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #433: Horror scores (TV edition)

This being Thursday, it's time for another edition of Thursday Movie Picks, the blogathon run by Wandering Through the Shelves. We've reached the last Thursday in October, which means that we have one more horror-related theme to go, and that it's a TV edition. The month started off with movies that have famous scores, so the month ends with TV shows known for there scores. I kind of cheated and went with one that's only horror from time to time, and other that's more paranormal than horror, and a third that doesn't have as well-known a score:

The Twilight Zone (1959-1964). Rod Serling's anthology series that has been revived several times over the decades, although the original is the best and really does have an iconic theme.

Dark Shadows (1966-1971). As I understand it, this was a conventional soap opera until low ratings gave the writers the inspiration to add a character that was a vampire, at which point ratings picked up and it became a cult classic.

The X-Files (1993-2002). The truth is not out there.

2 comments:

Birgit said...

Wow! We match on 2 of these but I went with The Twilight Zone’s original theme from the first season by Bernard Hermann. I agree, the original is the best. I also went with Dark Shadows which is very creepy. I almost went with The X-Files because it is iconic and creepy.

ThePunkTheory said...

I would love to watch Dark Shadows sometime. It sounds like it could be very much up my alley