Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Briefs for October 9-10, 2024

I probably should have mentioned when I did the post on Star of the Month Bela Lugosi last Wednesday that among his movies is Zombies on Broadway, which I did a brief post on back in October 2010. It's showing up in a few hours, tonight at 9:30 PM. Apologies for not mentioning it sooner. But I assume it's going to be on the Watch TCM app, since it's an RKO movie.

Over on FXM, October 1 did bring a few films out of the vault, although much of what's new is stuff I've already blogged about. Desiree, which was the subject of a post five years ago, showed up today; it's actually showing up on TCM later this month. The Barbarian and the Geisha is another on that's back and ran today, although it's not on in the next two weeks. One that is is As Young As You Feel, an early 50s movie about forced retirement, which you can see at 4:40 AM Saturday. That's immediately follows one of the few movies in the rotation I haven't blogged about, Only the Strong. That one seems to have several airings, although I don't know exactly which one will get the post on it, since I've got enough other stuff on TCM that's also on my DVR to blog about and I'm already ahead through almost the end of October in terms of posts scheduled on the blog.

Today was the birth anniversary of Jacques Tati, who was born on this day in 1907. Tati is probably best known for M. Hulot's Holiday, although I've also blogged about Mon Oncle before.

No comments: