Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Blogger's lousy search function

TCM is showing Dr. Strangelove tonight at 10:30 PM ET as part of a night's salute to Stanley Kubrick. I didn't think I'd blogged on it before, as it's not one of my favorite movies, but I decided to use Blogger's search box to check. What I got surprised me.

The most recent entry mentions several of Kirk Douglas' movies, including The Strange Love of Martha Ivers. There's a doctor in one of the other movies I mentioned that day, but I didn't use the abbreviation "Dr." in that post.

Then, there was a post on the movie Spellbound. Here, there is strange dream sequence. Also, the Ingrid Bergman and Gregory Peck characters are in love. Finally, the characters have names like Dr. Edwardes and Dr. Petersson. Yet, I obviously never used "Strangelove" (minus the space, as a single word in that post.

The upshot, I guess, is that if you use Blogger's search functions, you might not find exactly what you're looking for, for which I apologize.

No comments: