Friday, April 16, 2010

Doris Day (not Kappelhoff) again

It was one year ago today that I mentioned the birthday of the original Doris Day, who was born on this day in 1910. She was only a bit actress, of course, but her name gave me a cheap excuse to write a post about actors' names.

Looking through today's birth anniversaries gave me cause to notice another interesting tidbit, again involving names. It seems that Robert Ryan was born on this day in 1896. Now, you probably recognize the name Robert Ryan; I've recommended a few of his movies, although it seems that it's been over a year since I recommended Crossfire. However, that's not the Robert Ryan whose birthday is today. Instead, this Robert Ryan is another supporting actor, who played quite a few policemen and boxing referees. What's interesting is that the obscure Robert Ryan and the obscure Doris Day appeared in one movie together, that being a 1942 murder mystery called Mr. and Mrs. North.

No comments: