Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lazy link post

TCM is honoring Billy Wilder today on the anniversary of his birth. I mentioned his birthday last year, and I think I've recommended almost all of the movies that TCM is showing in his honor. As for the Fox Movie Channel, I think I've recommended most of today's lineup there as well, and the one movie I hadn't recommended before, The Only Game in Town, is one I made a point to blog about yesterday.

The next step is to go to the IMDb site and check out who's got a birthday today, even though I just did a lazy birthday post two days ago. Looking through the names, I see that of Mike Todd, the one of Liz Taylor's husbands who died in a plane crash. Apparently, his life, and what happened after his death, was much more interesting than I realized.

Kris Kristofferson is turning 74 today. His relationship to the movies is the dreadful 1970s version of A Star is Born, as well as a whole bunch of later credits. I, though, being a fan of classic movie buffs, am more interested in that remake, as Hollywood is constantly remaking movies.

In that remake post from January 2009, I mentioned the two versions of Ben-Hur. However, as I mentioned last December, there's actually an earlier silent version, from 1907. Amazingly, I failed to include the YouTube link to the 1907 version.

No comments: