Friday, September 2, 2011

September repeats

TCM is running a bunch of school themed movies this morning and afternoon and, unsurprisingly, I've blogged about a number of the better ones before. The picture at left is from Goodbye, Mr. Chips (1939), which comes up at 6:00 PM. (The movie was remade in the late 1960s, but that was as a musical and I don't think I'd recommend that version. Bright Road (12:45 PM) got a mention back in January 2010. For some reason, I thought I had blogged about The Corn is Green (4:00 PM) before, but the Blogger search says I haven't.

Prime time is followed by some mermaid movies. I haven't seen the first of them before, Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid (8:00 PM), in which William Powell meets mermaid Ann Blyth. (I wonder if he smacks her.) But I have seen Miranda (11:30 PM) before, and blogged about it too. In between at 9:45 PM, Joel McCrea and Frances Dee's son Jody McCrea meets the mermaid as a sub-plot of Beach Blanket Bingo.

And then, kicking off Saturday morning at 6:00 AM, is Five Star Final, another movie that I've mentioned several times without writing a full-length blog post. Having seen it before, I'm really looking more forward to the picture that follows, The Finger Points, at 7:30 AM.

No comments: