Thursday, November 10, 2011

TCM's monthly programming


I should have noticed last Thursday that TCM is doing a month-long look at boat travel and romance on boats every Thursday night this month. One of the movies airing tonight that I've blogged about before is One Way Passage, which comes up at 9:30 PM. (Note that it may be a minute or two late; the previous film, Love Affair, is an 87-minute movie in a 90-minute time slot. By the time you add Eva Marie Saint's introduction and the upcoming movies bit, you may just hit over 90 minutes. At least with Robert Osborne's vacation, there aren't closing remarks after the movie as well.)

There's another programming block I should have noticed earlier. Last Wednesday I mentioned the Battle of the Blondes that's substituting for this month's TCM Star of the Month. What I didn't notice is that the blondes are getting movies not only on Wednesday nights, but on Mondays as well. I find it mildly odd that TCM would start a salute in the second half of a week, but there you go.

Note as well that tomorrow is the Veterans' Day holiday here in the US, and so TCM is marking the occasion with a bunch of war movies. (I should probably check what TCM Canada is doing. The day is called Remembrance Day, in memory of the end of World War I. But there aren't quite as many World War I movies out there as there are World War II movies.)

No comments: