Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Big City Fantasy

TCM's look at the immigrant experience in America continues tonight. I think I've already blogged about all of the movies showing tonight that I've seen: the night kicks off at 8:00 PM with I Remember Mama, about Norwegian immigrants in turn of the last century San Francisco.
Another movie about Norwegian immigrants is Our Vines Have Tender Grapes, at 10:30 PM. Here, the immigrants are in contemporary (as of the time the film was released, 1945) Wisconsin, and farmers.
I don't think I've seen Strangers in the City (12:30 AM) or Big City (4:15 AM) before. The movie between those, however, is All Mine to Give at 2:30 AM, and as you can see, I've blogged about that one as well.

The night ends with a short that I haven't seen, but looks interesting: Big City Fantasy, at about 5:40 AM.

No comments: