Saturday, July 26, 2014

Zdeněk Liška

My RSS feed from Radio Prague never actually mentions what the feature stories are going to be about; it's just a link to the audio download. So not having gone to the website, I had no idea that Thursday's program was going to include a feature on film composer Zdenêk Liška, who wrote a bunch of scores for Czech movies in the 1960s and 1970s before his death in 1983. The feature originally aired back in April 2011, but I didn't blog about it then, I don't think, from looking at the archives from that month.

I have to admit to not knowing anything at all about Liška before listening to the program yesterday, but I'll also admit that I don't pay quite as much attention to film scores as some people do.

The link above is a link to a transcript of the program, but as always, they've got a streaming audio applet on the site, as well as a link to the MP3 download. It's just shy of 11 minutes, and about 5MB to download.

No comments: