Sunday, September 8, 2019

Briefs for September 8, 2019

Carol Lynley, the actress probably best known for playing the singer Nonny in the 1972 movie The Poseidon Adventure, died on Tuesday at the age of 77. I didn't mention it earlier mostly because of a fortuitous bit of scheduling on TCM's part. Tonight's prime time lineup is a pair of movies starring Lumley, scheduled long before she died. The two movies are Bunny Lake Is Missing at 8:00 PM, followed by Blue Denim at 10:00. I really didn't like Blue Denim, in which Lynley gets knocked up courtesy of Brandon De Wilde who tries to get her an illegal abortion. But some of you might. I'm assuming the movie intros were done quite some time back and that TCM will have an extra card inserted announcing Lynley's death.

Tonight's Silent Sunday Nights lineup is three shorts starring Charlie Chaplin, running from midnight to 2:30 AM. Unfortunately, TCM's online schedule lists all three as starting at midnight, while my DirecTV box guide lists only A Dog's Life, having it be a 2-1/2 hour movie that runs from midnight to 2:30 AM. I suppose that means it doesn't matter which order they air in, as you'd get all of them if you record it.

Speaking of recording, I'm constantly running out of room on my DVR. I recorded several movies off of FXM that I was going to blog about. But it turns out that Kangaroo is one I blogged about five years ago, while several others are out of print on DVD. So I guess I'll be blogging about more movies only available on streaming. And wouldn't you know it, none of them seem to be coming back up on FXM soon. One movie back on FXM that I did blog about ages ago is Night People, which will be on tomorrow at 3:00 AM.

No comments: