Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Year-end report


So now we're at the end of another year, which for me means less than a month until the 12th anniversary of this blog. I hit 5,000 posts over the summer, but I'm not certain exactly how many of the posts are actual movie reviews. I thought about finally making a database of the movies I blogged about, but it quickly became clear to me that database management isn't my thing as my attempted database was going to look like a spreadsheet, something which horrified the people I know who actually do database stuff for a living.

With this one final post for the year, it turns out that I've got one more post this year than in each of the past couple of years. That wasn't by design; I miscounted and thought I needed two posts yesterday and two today to get to the same number I had last year.

As for what's coming up next year, it's going to be more of the same, watching movies off the DVR as well as from the box sets I've got. My last batch of DVD purchases included a big Bob Hope set from which I've only done two or three of the movies, as well as an Alice Faye set that has four I haven't blogged about. I still have five to go in the Ingrid Bergman's early Swedish years set from Criterion's Eclipse series, and five or six in the W.C. Fields box set I have. Plus a bunch of individual movies I haven't done yet.

The Thursday Movie Picks blogathon put out a new set of themes for 2020, so I'll probably be taking part in that every Thursday, although at first glance there are one or two themes I have to think about. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Happy new year 2020!

1 comment:

Brittani Burnham said...

12 years is impressive! Have you thought about using letterboxd to track your films? That's what I do.