Thursday, September 19, 2024

Briefs for September 19, 2024

I've got quite a few movies on my DVR that are coming up again, but that I've already mentioned; YouTube's cloud DVR will keep catching them for you until you tell it to stop doing so. First up is a pair on TCM tomorrow, starting with Murder in the Private Car at 7:30 AM. Later, at 12:30 PM, is Avalanche Express. This one is a bit more intresting in that it aired just a month ago as part of Robert Shaw's day in Summer Under the Stars, which is why I recorded it. But when I went to watch it for tomorrow's showing, the opening scene (in Russian) seemed exccedingly familiar. Sure enough, I had blogged about it back in March 2021.

There's a couple of movies coming up on FXM that I blogged about within the last year or so, both of which are airing on Saturday, Sept. 21. First, at 3:00 AM, is Kiss Me Goodbye. For some weird reason, when I log onto YouTube TV, this movie reveals an odd glitch YouTube TV seems to have, at least regarding this particular movie. Shows in the YouTube DVR are depicted with a rectangular screenshot or something that looks like it might have been a title card or movie poster. Jeopardy!, for example, has a shot of Ken Jennings on the Jeopardy! stage. Murder in the Private Car, since I mentioned it above, is a black-and-white shot of two of the leads. For Kiss Me Goodbye, however, it's a title card of a different movie, Kangaroo, which at least has been in the FXM rotation relatively recently. Anyhow, immediately following Kiss Me Goodbye, at 4:45 AM, is not Kangaroo, but On the Sunny Side.

And, speaking of FXM, I was going to look a bit ahead in the schedule to see if anything is getting pulled back out of the vault on October 1. However, Titan TV redid their website to make it more touchscreen friendly, and one of the other changes they made was making it so you can only look out a week ahead. FXM's own website doesn't go out more than a week ahead, either. Bummer.

No comments: