Sunday, April 18, 2010

Always with the repeats

I have to admit that, having done close to a thousand blog posts, it begins to get a bit tough to think of new things to write about, since there are only so many movies one can see, and any number of the movies I'd like to blog about aren't on DVD, and aren't currently on the TCM schedule. On the other hand, sometimes it's a good idea to mention a movie that I last mentioned a long time ago. The first of these is tonight's TCM Import, Cruel Story of Youth, which comes on overnight at 2:00 AM Et. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any good color photos of the Japan circa 1960 as portrayed in the movie; the garish neon and flashing lights are a sight to behold. The one I here is the best I could find, but doesn't do justice to the movie.

Second is Manpower at 8:15 AM Monday, about the lives of electric company line workers and how they fall in love with Marlene Dietrich. (Who wouldn't?) Eighteen months since the power company cut all those trees down along the right of way, and it's still clearly noticeable.

No comments: