Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween weekend

I'm stuck in a part of the Catskill Mountains that's about to get snowed under, so I hope my DirecTV stays up. Although TCM has been running horror movies every Monday in prime time, they're getting a jump on Halloween weekend by showing some other classics tonight into tomorrow. The only bad thing is that I've blogged about quite a few of them before:

Cat People is this week's TCM Essential, at 8:00 PM tonight, followed at 9:30 PM by a documentary on producer Val Lewton;
The Seventh Victim comes up overnight at 3:30 AM;
The Devil Doll (watch again for Lionel Barrymore in drag!) shows up at 8:45 AM tomorrow morning; and
The Uninvited concludes proceedings at 10:15 AM Sunday.

Perhaps I should have done a full-length post about the movie The Ghost Ship, which is airing at 5:00 AM. Richard Dix plays the captain of a ship whom the new third officer suspects of being mentally unstable and unfit for duty. For some reason, I thought I had already blogged about it.

No comments: