Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Briefs for November 18-19, 2015

Tonight's TCM Spotlight on Southern writers continues at 8:00 PM with Reflections in a Golden Eye. I'm sory to say that this is one of those movies for which I have a profound dislike, probably in no small part because it stars Marlon Brando. Well, that and the yellow filter it was filmed through, which I find makes it even more tedious of a viewing experience. But for all I know, there might be somebody out there who actually likes it.

If you want a better movie from a Southern writer, try In Cold Blood, which follows at 10:00 PM. Southern author Truman Capote gives us a movie not set in the south, but then this one is based on the true story of two young men who killed a Kansas farm family back in the late 1950s.

I thought I had done a brief blog post on Stop, You're Killing Me before; that one's airing at 3:00 PM tomorrow. The reason I was pretty certain of it is because it's a remake of the wonderful Edward G. Robinson comedy A Slight Case of Murder.

I am sorry to say that there don't seem to be any interesting shorts on the TCM schedule right now, with the exception of those airing in the Underground block early on Sunday morning.

No comments: