Monday, October 24, 2016

Briefs for October 24-25, 2016

So I got an email from Amazon yesterday. One of those robo-messages, of course, telling me that I might be interested in certain products, based on what I've bought recently. Surprisingly, one of the products was a movie I just watched off the DVR recently but I thought was out of print. It turns out that I was right, and the movie is out of print, but somebody's selling a copy for a not ridiculously bad $19.99. I decided to look for some of the other movies not available at the TCM Shop, and there was an Amazon seller selling one of them for about $130. Needless to say, I'm not doing a full-length post on that movie any time soon.

TCM is running Hollywood: The Dream Factory again this afternoon at 3:15 PM. I still haven't seen it, and so can't comment any further on it, even though I mentioned it close to two years ago now.

TCM is showing a bunch of Christopher Lee's Dracula movies tonight. They're not saving those movies for Halloween, which is next Monday, instead deciding to show more of a cross-section of Lee's horror work next Monday. I have to admit to never having been the biggest fan of Hammer horror, although that's more a matter of personal preference than of the movies actually not being good.

And for those of you who like yourselves some hero worship, you can see Hollywood's portrayal of the FBI all morning and afternoon Tuesday. Some of the movies, such as Confessions of a Nazi Spy at 9:00 AM are excellent; others like I Was a Communist for the FBI are only OK but interesting.

No comments: