Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Briefs for October 10-11, 2017

The Cabinet of Caligari is on FXM Retro again tomorrow at 6:00 AM. There are certainly better horror movies out there -- heck, TCM is showing a bunch of Val Lewton tonight -- but it's certainly worth at least one watch.

When people insist on shoehorning their politics into movie criticism:
The new Blade Runner movie is actually feminist!
Why are men trying to make us care about Blade Runner?

I think I've just about finished my Christmas shopping. Well, Dad's going to get wine. But everybody else is getting movies I think might be of interest to them, and I'm about to get a bunch of DVDs from Amazon. Including several for myself, so I'll have some new stuff to blog about eventually. Actually, I've still got four movies off the Carole Lombard box set, a couple off the Mae West set, some Alfred Hitchcock silents, and more, that I could blog about. But I don't feel like doing a bunch of blog posts on the same actor one after the other.

No comments: