Sunday, August 26, 2018

A few notes about Anthony Quinn's day in Summer Under the Stars

Perhaps I should have written this last night, especially since the recently blogged about Warlock kicked off Quinn's day this morning. Anyhow, coming up at 6:00 PM is what I believe to be the TCM premiere of A High Wind in Jamaica, a movie I mentioned a good five years ago. I'll assume that TCM's broadcast is not going to include the technical glitches that the FXM airing did.
javascript:void(0);
(Speaking of that, the past few movies I've watched off of FXM have been both letterboxed and pillarboxed, with no way to expand the print to take up more of the screen. As far as I can tell the movies are in the proper aspect ratio; it's just that there's a lot of black space.)

Overnight at 2:15 AM, there's La Strada, a movie that I actually haven't seen in its entirety. I sat down to watch a previous TCM airing, but it was interrupted by the weather, which is the one problem with having satellite.

There are two movies that are new to me, The 25th Hour at midnight and Deaf Smith and Johnny Ears at 4:15 AM, although I don't know that I've got the space on my DVR to record everything I'd like to.

No comments: