Saturday, March 2, 2019

A Fool There Was

I couldn't think of what to blog about today, so I thought of posting another public domain silent movie that's made it's way to Youtube. Of course, it can be a bit difficult at times since there's always the question of what survives, and what I've posted before. Eventually I thought of Theda Bara. I knew that her version of Cleopatra only has a few clips surviving, but Youtube eventually yielded a few other things, such as the 1915 film A Fool There Was:



IMDB says the running time is 67 minutes, which is why I selected this version. There's another copy on Youtube that Youtube lists as being 96 minutes and change; I didn't watch either of these so I don't know what the discrepancy is.

Bara's career pretty much ended in the early 1920s, but there is surviving audio of a radio appearance she made in the mid 1930s:

No comments: