Sunday, October 13, 2019

Briefs for October 13-14, 2019


It looks like whoever is programming FXM has finally decided to go back to vaults and pull out some stuff that hasn't been on the channel in ages. Normally, I'd always notice that happening at the beginning of a month, but for the past few months that doesn't seem to have been happening. But this week is going to see a change. It starts off with The Boston Strangler, which I blogged about back in 2011. It's going to be on Monday at 1:00 PM and again at 11:30 AM Tuesday. Other movies showing up for the first time in a while are The Robe, and Daddy Long Legs, with more to come the following week.

About a year and a half ago, I mentioned the mediocre movie Millie, and stated that it seemed to be out of print on DVD. It was on again recently and I was thinking about watching it on Watch TCM to do a post on, having forgotten I'd done the previous post. (The opening seemed oddly familiar.) Anyhow, I looked up the DVD, and it's actually from Grapevine Video on a DVD-R, so available.

I don't understand the ways of Amazon and the TCM Shop. I've pointed out multiple occasions where there's something on the Warner Archive which, being a MOD scheme, should be available at the TCM shop, but isn't, even though it's still available over at Amazon. This time, it's the other way around. I had reason to mention Laughter in Paradise somewhere else, and so looked for the Amazon page on it since I actually bought the DVD there back in 2017. It's a MOD DVD from Reel Vault, but it's somehow no longer availalbe at Amazon. It's not as if Reel Vault is no longer at Amazon at all, as my most recent order at Amazon earlier this month included three Reel Vault DVDs.

No comments: