Friday, November 1, 2019

Briefs for November 1-2, 2019

Unfortunately, I'm one of the many people who lost power thanks to the wind storm that swept through the region, so I'm on a generator and have limited Internet. I was going to do a full-length post, but that's out.

TCM is running a programming series this month called "Dennis Miller and Friends". Every Friday in prime time, Miller is sitting down with a guest to present some of the guest's favorites, sort of like a Guest Programmer, I'd think. There are only four guests, though, which means one of them gets two Fridays. That honor goes to Martin Short, on tonight and next Friday.

I was going to do a full-length post on Desiree, which showed up on FXM for the first time in a long time, if ever, today. It's going to be on again tomorrow at 6:00 AM, and doesn't seem to be in print on DVD. Jean Simmons plays Désirée Clary, who meets Napoleon Bonaparte (Marlon Brando) before he becomes a success, and has a doomed relationship with him that continues off and on while he marries Josephine, her sister marries Napoleon's brother, and she marries another French nobleman. It really deserves a full post, but I don't have the patience to do it on my tablet.

No comments: