Monday, November 30, 2020

Briefs for November 30-December 1, 2020

We still have one more night of TCM's Star of the Month salute to Shelley Winters tonight. This final night features some of Winters' later movies from the 1970s. It starts off at 8:00 PM with The Poseidon Adventure, and also includes Bloody Mama 2:15 AM and Cleopatra Jones at 4:00 AM.

Unfortunately, that leaves out a bunch of fun movies that they didn't have time for in the salute, such as Whoever Slew Auntie Roo?, What's the Matter With Helen?, or even Tentacles. And I doubt they'll ever show Delta Force unless they ever do a programming salute to Cannon Films.

At the same time Cleopatra Jones is on TCM, you could switch over to Flix and catch Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band at 4:45 PM. I mentioned the movie a couple of month's back in Dell's Against the Crowd blogathon, where you have to select a movie that everybody loves but you hate, and a movie that everybody hates but you like.

Speaking of Dell, I'd like to thank him for running the Girl Week blogathon over Thanksgiving. I don't think I actually got around to commenting on his blog that my post was up largely because when I was going to, I saw that he had already left a comment on my post.

David Prowse died over the weekend at the age of 85. I didn't recognize the name, and I certainly didn't recognize the face, but Prowse was the man behind the Darth Vader mask for the first three Star Wars movies. We didn't even get to hear his voice, since that was dubbed in by James Earl Jones, and in the big unmasking scene in Return of the Jedi, they used a different actor for the face. (The heavy breathing was also done by the sound designer, Ben Burtt.

No comments: