Sunday, January 31, 2021

TCM's Cicely Tyson tribute

Actress Cicely Tyson died during the week at the age of 96. I'd been meaning to do a post on her passing, but have been busiy with other things.

Fortunately, TCM had already scheduled an evening of her movies for tonight, in the couple of hours of prime time before Silent Sunday Nights. This was scheduled well before Tyson died, as it's on the monthly schedule that I downloaded at the beginnign of the month. I don't know if TCM was able to get anybody in to do new intros and outros, but it wouldn't suprise me if they were able to get Ben Mankiewicz to do that.

Anyhow, the evening of programming has two films, Tyson's Oscar-nominated performance in Sounder at 8:00 PM, followed by another pretty good performance in A Man Called Adam at 10:00 PM, starring Sammy Davis Jr. as an alcoholic jazz trumpeter.

While looking for a trailer for Sounder, I also came across the following:

No comments: