Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Coming up, May 13-14, 2021

Unfortunately, since I have DirecTV, every now and then it rains hard enough that the satellite signal goes out. (It's not anywhere near as frequent as detractors of satellite TV would have you believe, however.) Last weekend, I was finally going to get around to watching All That Jazz, which I had recorded off of TCM back in Spetmber. But somehow, the signal was lost for a good 40 minutes. At least, Ben Mankiewicz's outro ended at about 1:21 into the recording block. Anyhow, it reminded me of another movie that's coming up where the last time I recorded it, there was also a thunderstorm. That movie, If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium, is on the schedule for tomorrow afternoon at 4:15 PM on TCM.

Elsewhere on TCM, there's Hot Money, Friday at 5:15 PM. It's a movie starting tragic Ross Alexander that I don't think I've seen before. But reading the synopsis sure made it sound familiar, and after a bit of thinking, I realized why. IMDb confirmed my suspicion that this is a remake of the William Powell movie High Pressure. (I find it hard to believe it's been a year and a half since I blogged about this one.)

Over on FXM, Conrack is back on, tomorrow at 3:00 AM and other times. There's also Compulsion at 9:35 AM, followed by Tony Rome at 11:20 AM. There was a sequel to Tony Rome called Lady in Cement that I've got on one of my Frank Sinatra box sets and have been meaning to getting around to watching, although other things have come up, like trying to watch stuff off the DVR considering how little room I've got left.

While looking through the premium channel schedules, the DirecTV box guide had the James Stewart movie Winchester '73 on StarzEncore Westerns. Unfortunately, TitanTV claims that it was actually the 1960s remake starring Tom Tryon, which will also be on tomorrow at 6:52 AM. TitanTV claims the Stewart version will be on a couple of times on May 20, but it could just as likely be the remake.

Another movie that was on as I was searching through the channels was At Close Range. This one will get another airing on Showtime Showcase at 4:00 PM Friday, as well as a couple of times thereafter on Flix.

No comments: