Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Eve 2021 briefs

We got about an inch of snow overnight, just in time for Christmas. But it's supposed to rain on Christmas Day, so it looks as though all of the snow is going to melt in fairly short order. It's common in the movies, but not so much in real life, that there's no snow on the ground until it starts snowing right before Christmas. Also not a movie brief, but something I noticed in uploading that photo, is that it now seems as though Google/Blogger is changing the name of the images in that there's not .jpg on the end. The result is something that'll make searching through images rather more difficult, which seems to go against the putative purpose of Google.

The Christmas movies continue on TCM. That includes The Bishop's Wife at 8:00 PM, and the great Remember the Night at 11:30. Overnight, I don't think I've seen Christmas Eve (3:45 AM) before. So if I've got enough room on my DVR, I'll have to record that one.

FXM is doing pretty much the same thing for Christmas that it did last year. Starting today at 2:30 PM, and continuing through to 3:30 AM on Sunday, they're alternating the 1951 (Alastair Sim) version of A Christmas Carol and the 2019 Guy Pearce miniseries, which I didn't watch last year. I'm assuming both versions are chopped up with commercials.

One obituary I noticed is that of Sally Ann Howes, whose roles most notably include the love interest to Dick Van Dyke in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, which I blogged about a few months back. Howes, who died on Sunday, was 91.

No comments: