Thursday, November 16, 2023

Things on my DVR I've already blogged about

One of the nice things about Youtube TV's cloud DVR comes with how it "records" every repeat showing of a movie you mark to have recorded. Obviously, this doesn't take up space per se, and stuff only remains on the DVR for nine months. But the important thing in this regard is that when a movie I've saved once is airing again, I can see when the upcoming recording will be because there's a separate header called "Scheduled Recordings". This is useful to see when stuff I haven't watched yet is coming on so that I can finally watch it to do the post, and indeed I've got multiple movies like that coming up over the weekend. But some of what I've blogged about not too long ago is also coming up again, and now is a good time to mention some of that stuff, much like I do from time to time mentioning stuff back in the FXM rotation.

Indeed, a fair bit, but by no means all, of what is getting mentioned is going to be on FXM, with a couple of movies also showing up on TCM, so I'll start off with a few things on FXM. First up, tomorrow (Nov. 17) at 7:35 AM, is another showing of A Bell for Adano.
Concluding the FXM Retro portion of Friday's schedule is The Manhattan Project, which did not get removed from the rotation in the recent changes, at 1:00 PM.
Moving over to TCM, I'm not certain if Between Midnight and Dawn is on DVD. So since it's going to be on TCM at 8:00 PM on November 17, today is a good time to mention it.
I've got Glenn Ford in a service comedy coming up in a week or two with Teahouse of the August Moon, but for another one, you can try another airing of It Started With a Kiss. That will be on TCM at 7:45 AM on November 20.
And, one which aired during October for Halloween is back: House on Haunted Hill, at 4:00 AM on November 25. Maybe they should have run it on Thanksgiving for those not spending the holiday with much of family.

As I said at the beginning, I have several other movies that I'm not mentioning in this post simply because the full-length reviews are coming up starting tomorrow.

No comments: