Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another bizarre Essentials, Jr. choice

Tonight at 8:00 PM ET, TCM is showing as its Essentials, Jr. movie... the 1944 version of Gaslight.

Now, I happen to love this movie. It's got excellent performances, and a good mystery story, too. But I don't know that it's really suitable for kids. There's murder, an attempt to drive somebody insane, and a strumpet of a maid (Angela Lansbury in her feature film debut). I can just imagine parents trying to explain all this to their kiddies.

As an aside, Blogger's search function is still having hiccups. It claims I haven't written any posts about Gaslight before, but when I go to Google's search engine (which should be the same thing, since Google owns Blogger now) and have it search "justacineast.blogspot.com" for "gaslight", I get three entries.

No comments: