Friday, August 6, 2010

Gratuitous Ingrid Bergman photos


I've blogged about quite a few Ingrid Bergman movies in the past, and with today being her day in TCM's Summer Under the Stars, I figured I'd look for a photo or two I haven't posted before, or posted in some time. First up is Spellbound, which airs at 4:00PM ET. When I blogged about it for Bergman's day in Summer Under the Stars back in 2008, I used a picture of the Dali dream sequence. That dream takes place in the house of Dr. Brulov (played by Michael Chekhov), who is seen in the background here, with Bergman in the middle, and Gregory Peck in the foreground.

Prime time kicks off with Ingrid Bergman's first American movie, Intermezzo: A Love Story, at 8:00 PM. Bergman plays a pianist who falls for a married violinist (Leslie Howard) whom she knows she can never have. It's surprisingly quick for a prestige picture, running just 70 minutes or so.

I don't think I've ever done a full post on Casablanca before, but then, certainly everybody knows the story. It's an obvious selection for Ingrid Bergman day, and follows Intermezzo at 9:30 PM. Still, if TCM is going to show it, why not post a photo of Humphrey Bogart looking at Ingrid Bergman, kid?

Notorious is on at 11:30 PM, after Casablanca. I blogged about it back in June 2008, and used two photos then. One is from the famous climax on the staircase, with Bergman, Cary Grant, Claude Rains, and Madame Konstantin. However, I've used that photo repeatedly when referring to Notorious, so I'll reuse the other one, which has Grant and Bergman from a scene at the racetrack in Rio de Janeiro.

No comments: