Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cary Grant again?

Tonight's TCM Essential, at 8:00 PM ET, is Bringing Up Baby, a movie that I've mentioned quite a few times, but never done a full-length post on. However, since I've done two straight posts on Cary Grant movies, I'm not particularly in the mood to do another. Bringing Up Baby is an excuse if you will, to schedule a night of screwball comedies, several of which I've recommended in the past:

Twentieth Century follows Bringing Up Baby at 10:00 PM;
Nothing Sacred, a movie which really does deserve a post of its own, comes on at midnight. Fredric March plays a newsman who helps Carole Lombard, a small-town girl who thinks she's dying of radiation poisoning, only to find out the tests were wrong. And now they have to keep up the charade.
Merrily We Live is next at 1:30 AM, and is one I haven't actually seen before.
I blogged about Theodora Goes Wild back in December 2009; it's airing at 3:15 AM.
The Awful Truth is another of those movies I've mentioned a number of times without doing a full-length post about. But, like Bringing Up Baby, it stars Cary Grant (and yesterday's birthday boy Ralph Bellamy). It's on at 5:00 AM.

No comments: