Friday, June 10, 2011

A night of movies I've blogged about

Having been at this for over three years and 1,400 posts of varying quality, I should suppose it's not surprising that quite a few of the movies on the schedule are ones I've already blogged about in the past. So it is with tonight's lineup of movies on TCM about people hiding homosexual relationships.

The night kicks off at 8:00 PM with The Best Man, a February 2009 mention starring Henry Fonda and Cliff Robertson, in which Fonda is hiding his nervous breakdown while Robertson had the gay fling in the army.
Don Murray plays the man who had his gay fling in the army in the next film, Advise and Consent, at 10:00 PM. I recommended it previously in August 2010.
The last of the three movies before TCM Underground is a British take on the subject: Victim, in which Dirk Bogarde plays a British lawyer being blackmailed for his homosexual relationship. It airs at 12:30 AM, and I recommended it back in February 2009.

No comments: