Tuesday, July 31, 2012

British Agent again

I recommended the movie British Agent last September. It's on again tonight at 9:45 PM as part of the final night of Leslie Howard's turn as TCM Star of the Month. The better news, however, is that since the previous airing, British Agent has received a DVD release as part of the Warner Archive collection.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I have to admit to not paying too much attention to DVD releases. When I mentioned several weeks back about Fox getting into manufacturing on demand, I mentioned a few of the very first titles. The article I read, if I remember correctly, said something about getting up to 25 films or so by the end of the year, but for the most part I don't recall any of those movies. Actually, I believe Diplomatic Courier might have been amongst that bunch, but I have no idea when any of those movies would be getting their MOD releases. This is even more true with the Warner Archive, which is over 1000 titles, if the promos for the Archive that show up between movies on TCM are accurate.

No comments: