Wednesday, July 8, 2015

How Green Was My Valley heads-up

I see that I still haven't done a full-length post on How Green Was My Valley yet, even though I've mentioned its airing on several occasions. It's back on FXM Retro -- actually, I think it came back sometime last month.

Roddy McDowall plays Huw Morgan, the youngest son in a Welsh family where all the men go into the coal mines to work because there's not much to do. The movie is basically Huw as an adult looking back at growing up in such a town, and despite being filmed entirely on soundstages and backlots does an excellent job of creating the atmosphere of a coal-mining town. (I think; I didn't grow up in a coal mining town or in Wales.) Anyhow, you have a chance to catch it on FXM Retro tomorrow, July 9, at 6:00 AM.

No comments: