Monday, December 10, 2018

TCM Guest Programmer December 2018: John Landis

The Monster and the Girl at 8:00 PM, a 1941 Paramount B that I have to admit is new to me, so I can't say much about it;
The Laurel and Hardy shorts Helpmates and Towed in a Hole at 9:15 PM; the TCM page lists both of them as starting at 9:15 PM so I'm not certain which one is first;
Paths of Glory, Stanley Kubrick's anti-war movie starring Kirk Douglas, at 10:15 PM; and
W.C. Fields' It's a Gift at midnight.

I had been planning on watching and doing a post on It's a Gift since I knew it was on this week, but I didn't know it was this early in the week so I haven't re-watched it yet. TCM, oddly enough, claims the movie isn't on DVD, even though I have it on a Fields box set. The problem, I think, is that it is on a box set. When I looked up that box set, it showed right up at the TCM Shop.

The movie that follows It's a Gift, apparently not selected by Landis, is an interesting-sounding British comedy I haven't seen before, Mr. Love at 1:30 AM.

No comments: