Monday, March 18, 2019

Briefs for March 18-19, 2019

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/richard-erdman-dead-community-stalag-917730Veteran character actor Richard Erdman died over the weekend at the age of 93. Among Erdman's many roles was as Hoffman, one of the POWs in Stalag 17 (he's third from the right in the photo). I forgot that he was in You're in the Navy Now, which I blogged about ages ago and I don't think has shown up on TV much since. Erdman also did quite a bit of TV, with one of his most recent appearances being a recurring character on Community.

Tomorrow morning and afternoon, TCM is marking the birth anniversary of silent and early talkie actress Betty Compson. It's been a good four years since I mentioned Street Girl (still not on DVD as far as I can tell), so your rare chance to catch it is going to be tomorrow at 12:45 PM, immediately following Weary River (11:00 AM) which I've mentioned a couple of times, too.

It's been eight years since I blogged about David and Bathsheba. It returned to the FXM rotation recently, with scattered showings. Another of those showings is going to be tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM. I've actually got a new-to-the-blog FXM movie coming up later in the week, and have a day off work at the end of the week so that I can (at least I hope) watch more movies than normal.

No comments: