Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Treasures from the Disney Vault, June 2019

We've reached the point where it's time for the quarterly-or-so Treasures from the Disney Vault to show up on the TCM lineup. Tonight in prime time there are several live-action movies from the 1960s and 70s, as well as a few vintage cartoon shorts.

I have to admit I hadn't heard of The Moon Spinners, which kicks off the lineup at 8:00 PM before, although it sounds somewhat interesting. TCM's schedule page claims none of the night's movies are on DVD but Amazon has this one, so I'll probably DVR it since I think I have enough room.

I'm looking forward to Emil and the Detectives, overnight at 2:15 AM, as well. I think I've mentioned several times that my grandparents emigrated from Germany and I took German in high school, so the book by Erich Kästner is something we had to read as part of learning the language. This one doesn't seem to be in print on DVD, but does seem to be available on Amazon's streaming video.

I think I've briefly mentioned The North Avenue Irregulars (12:25 AM) before. That's because my memory of the movie has to do with being in line at a multiplex up in Albany where everybody else was in line for Ice Castles, while my parents were taking us to see The North Avenue Irregulars. Ice Castles is of course a laughable mess; I don't remember the Disney film at all. It does seem to be on DVD at Amazon.

No comments: