Thursday, August 22, 2019

5,000 posts

It's hard to believe, but I've been blogging almost every single day for 11 and a half years, missing a few for internet outages but that's about it. And now I'm up to my 5000th post. One of the obvious things I thought of was The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T, the interesting movie based on the Dr. Seuss story. I blogged about it all the way back in October of 2008, so quite some time ago. I really should have gotten a color image to illustrate the movie, however. Looking around, here's one from somebody else on Blogger:



It's not the only movie I can think of with "5000" in the title, as I recall the mid-80s comedy Transylvania 6-5000, which I never saw, but remember from being home over the summer and watching Teresa Ganzel (and probably Ed Begley Jr. too) on The 25,000 Pyramid promoting the movie on one of her appearances. And wouldn't you know, the trailer is available on Youtube:



Here's to 5,000 more posts!

No comments: