Wednesday, August 14, 2019

August 14, 2019: Liv Ullmann Day



Autumn Sonata (1978); tonight at 9:45 PM

Today's star in TCM's Summer Under the Stars is Norwegian actress (actually born in Japan) Liv Ullmann. I'm mentioning her in part because TCM's schedule suggests a lot of what is showing today is not on DVD. I don't always trust that, however, since the schedule includes Zandy's Bride at noon, and Amazon lists it as being available from the Warner Archive collection.

Just before Zandy's Bride, at 10:15 AM, is The Abdication, which I just mentioned back in June in one of the Thursday Movie Picks posts. So now is your chance to catch it.

There's a documentary at 8:00 PM that I haven't seen before, about Ullmann's work with Swedish director Ingmar Bergman, and those collaborations take up the rest of the prime time lineup, starting at 9:45 PM with Autumn Sonata, as mentioned above.

Now to see what if I can make any room on the DVR.

No comments: