Friday, September 1, 2023

It's now a new month

We've finally gotten through another year of Summer Under the Stars on TCM, and with a new month, it means some new spotlights on TCM, some of which I'll mention later as they come up. With the new month being September, it also means the return of things like Noir Alley and the other regular programming blocks.

It looks as though Friday nights are going to be dedicated to "coming of age" movies, although I haven't looked through the entire month's worth of Friday nights. That's more because I noticed the Saturday matinee slot sees TCM bringing back the Bowery Boys movies for the umpteenth time. I wonder how long it's going to take one of the Boys' movies to surpass Casablanca as the most often-played movie on TCM.

Noir Alley also returns to its two slots, and I wanted to bring that up because the first movie this month is The Secret Fury, which I blogged about 11 years ago only for it not to show up as I put down on the schedule. So now you'll finally get a chance to watch it.

I don't think I saw anything new on FXM Retro, although that also means that block of movies is still going, almost 11 years after I said I thought it would be gone in six months.

I've got another full-length movie review coming up later today.

No comments: