Tuesday, April 23, 2024

TCM's Glynis Johns tribute

Glynis Johns died at the beginning of the year at the age of 100, and I figured that with the odd scheduling of 31 Days of Oscar this year, TCM wouldn't be able to get around to having a programming tribute to her until after the Oscars. It turns out I was right, and we're not finally going to get to their salute to Johns. This will be five movies tonight (April 23) in prime time.

Those movies are:
8:00 PM The Sundowners
10:30 PM All Mine to Give
12:30 AM The Card
2:15 AM Vacation from Marriage
4:00 AM 49th Parallel

I apologize for not including any image with this post. I figured that I had an image or two that I would have used when I posted the obituary post on Johns, but it turned out that I used a couple of Youtube Clips instead. The only image I had is a small one from Miranda that is not part of tonight's salute.

I'm particularly looking forward to The Card. The last time I recorded it on TCM some years back, it was on my old DVR that I had to give up when Dad and I moved to the new place and ditched DirecTV for the less-expensive YouTubeTV. I had never gotten around to watching The Card before the move, and am happy at the possibility of recording it again.

No comments: