I was looking at the FXM schedule, for Friday, August 14, and saw two things worth mentioning. First is that FXM decided to run an entire block of Gene Tierney movies:
8:00 AM Laura
9:30 AM Leave Her to Heaven
11:25 AM Black Widow
I have to admit that I don't think I've seen Black Widow on the FXM schedule in a while. It's the least of the three movies, although that's partly because of how good Laura and Leave Her to Heaven are.
The other interesting thing is the double-bill that follows Black Widow:
1:05 PM Nightmare Alley (1947)
3:00 PM Nightmare Alley (2021)
I'll admit right up front to not having seen the 2021 version, since I don't go to the movie theater often becuase my local sixtyplex is in a dead mall and a terribly depressing place to go to. Besides, that version would have come out at the height of the covid masking idiocy. I didn't want to get panic attacks from not being able to have the mask under my nose. I was out in the woods with my since-deceased dog who, being on a retractable leash, served as my social distancing. Still I has some assholes who pointedly moved away because I was outside, without a mask, when the nonsense guidance even said no mask was needed since I wasn't going to be close enough to these other people.
No, I'm not sorry for the rant. I'll just go back and keep watching old movies.

No comments:
Post a Comment